Current:Home > FinanceNew photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday -Visionary Wealth Guides
New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 16:57:05
A new photo of Prince Louis was released Tuesday to mark the young British royal's 6th birthday. It is the first image released by the family since the photo-editing scandal erupted last month.
In the photo, Louis, who is the fourth in line to the British throne behind his father and two older siblings, can be seen lying on a blanket while grinning at the camera. The photo is said to have been taken by his mother Catherine, the Princess of Wales. Kensington Palace has assured that this picture has not been edited.
"Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! Thank you for all the kind wishes today," said the post accompanying the image shared on Kensington Palace's social media accounts.
Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! 🎂
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) April 23, 2024
Thank you for all the kind wishes today.
📸 The Princess of Wales pic.twitter.com/TxshrI3WKO
The family has typically released photos of the young royals to mark birthdays to news outlets in advance, but this year, with both Kate and her father-in-law King Charles III undergoing cancer treatment, they took a slightly different approach, posting the image of Louis directly on their official social media accounts on his birthday.
William and Kate, who have requested privacy as they deal with the family's medical issues, thanked people for their well-wishes in a short message posted with the photo of Louis.
Last month, a controversy erupted after Kensington Palace released a family photo of Kate and her three children on Britain's Mother's Day that was edited in numerous places, raising concerns over transparency and honesty.
International photo agencies withdrew the image from their platforms, some even removing Kensington Palace from their list of trusted sources. Kate admitted to editing the photo in a subsequent social media post.
It came at a time when Kate had been out of the public eye for months, recuperating from what the palace said was planned abdominal surgery in January.
In late March, as rumors swirled about her health, Kate announced in a video message that cancer was discovered following her operation and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy on the advice of her medical team. She did not say what kind of cancer it was or share additional details about her diagnosis.
"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," Kate said in the video message. "As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
The family kept a low profile over the Easter school holidays, but William resumed official duties last week.
- In:
- British Royal Family
Lucia Suarez Sang is an associate managing editor at cbsnews.com. Previously, Lucia was the director of digital content at FOX61 News in Connecticut and has previously written for outlets including FoxNews.com, Fox News Latino and the Rutland Herald.
TwitterveryGood! (79)
Related
- Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
- Bears great Steve McMichael contracts another infection, undergoes blood transfusion, family says
- Surprise snow? Storm dumps flakes over about a dozen states.
- Target launches new brand 'dealworthy' that will give shoppers big savings on items
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- Jury awards $10 million to man who was wrongly convicted of murder
- Siesta Key's Madisson Hausburg Welcomes Baby 2 Years After Son's Death
- George Kliavkoff out as Pac-12 commissioner as the full conference enters final months
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Manchin announces he won't run for president
Ranking
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Trump avoids ‘corporate death penalty,’ but his business will still get slammed
- Trump rails against New York fraud ruling as he faces fines that could exceed half-a-billion dollars
- Don’t Miss Kate Spade Outlet’s Presidents’ Day Sale Featuring Bags Up to 90% Off, Just in Time for Spring
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Trump avoids ‘corporate death penalty,’ but his business will still get slammed
- The CDC investigates a multistate E. coli outbreak linked to raw cheddar cheese
- 'We can’t do anything': How Catholic hospitals constrain medical care in America.
Recommendation
Why we love Bear Pond Books, a ski town bookstore with a French bulldog 'Staff Pup'
NASA's Mars mission means crews are needed to simulate life on the Red Planet: How to apply
Jordan Spieth disqualified from Genesis Invitational for signing incorrect scorecard
Tesla Cybertruck owners complain their new vehicles are rusting
Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
Free People’s Presidents’ Day Sale Will Have You Ready for Summer With up to 65% off the Cutest Pieces
Ouch: College baseball player plunked seven times(!) in doubleheader
4.7 magnitude earthquake outside of small Texas city among several recently in area